Reliant Recruitment is urgently seeking to employ 10 Apprentices in the Health and Social Care Sector for one of our major client. You must be between the age of 18-23. No experience is required as full training will be provided.
In this role you will:
- Make a real difference to people’s lives and help older people feel valued and respected
- Undertake a comprehensive development programme, including qualifications in Health and Social Care, that will equip you to progress a career in the care sector
- Work in a care home helping older people with physical and personal care (including helping them with washing, dressing, bathing, eating, serving meals)
- Help with residents social and recreational activities, to put interest and fun into people’s day
- Administer medication, after training
- Complete health related records and contribute to care plans
Requirements and prospects and desired skills
- Possess good people and communication skills
- Able to use feedback and learn from experience
- Able to work as part of a team
- Physically fit to carry out work involving moving and handling
- Demonstrating the right values and behaviors, maintaining the dignity of individuals, their support circles and respecting diversity and inclusion
- Treating people with respect and dignity and honouring their human rights
- Communicating clearly and responsibly
- Knowing the importance of confidentiality
- Supporting individuals to remain safe from harm (safeguarding)
- Championing health and well-being for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- Working professionally
- Committed to learning and want to develop your potential
- Hardworking, reliable and trustworthy
- Good at problem solving, optimistic and outgoing
- Desired qualifications
- No previous qualifications are required.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will become a Qualified Care Worker (currently paying £9.00 per hour).
People looking to move into management will have the opportunity to become Team Managers on completion of the apprenticeship. Alternatively, you might wish to apply for the activity worker or day centre roles when these posts become available.
We have a large number of care homes in a small geographical area so there are many job opportunities for those willing to travel within the local area.
Things to consider
- You will be working alternate weekends
- You must be able to work both early and late shifts. Early shifts usually start at 08:00am and late shifts usually finish at 20:00pm
- You will be working with people who have dementia, and/or are physically frail. You will receive training and support in this. You will be providing personal care
- You must complete the Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
- You will be required to complete an initial health questionnaire
THIS POSITION IS AN ONGOING ADVERT – YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED ON RECEIPT, IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL THE START DATE WILL BE ASAP.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship