This is an exciting opportunity to join our excellent teams in Birmingham and Wolverhampton. We are looking for a highly motivated applicant who are interested in meeting the challenge of working in the community with patients in the home setting.
You will be working with a variety of disciplines within the team to achieve the best outcomes for patients to ensure their independence and well being. The post holder will carry out a variety of nursing duties as part of the patients holistic care management through the assessment and evaluation of health needs particularly in the areas of palliative care, wound management, diabetes and other long term conditions. We utilise total mobile, supporting agile working across the localities.
We have vacancies across the city in the North, East, West, Central and South areas of Birmingham, which will be discussed at interview for successful candidates.
Training and development will be provided to support successful candidates in achieving competence in these areas, with successful candidates completing a band 5 induction programme covering all aspects of community nursing as well as access to other job specific training such as compression, wound care, palliative care, catheter care among some.
Requirements of the Community Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within general nursing (RGN trained)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Must have at least 1 years post qualifying experience within nursing
- Community Nursing experience
- Up to date CV
- Current DBS (if not we will order)
- Immunisation history
- Passport P
- Proofs of address dated within the last 6 months
- Mandatory training (we can provide this if needed)
- Two clinical references covering the last 3 years of employment
- Proof of qualification
- Statement of entry
Job Types: Contract, Permanent
Salary: £20.00-£26.00 per hour